FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Two Sons, Part 1 — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
17 February 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How does the birth of Isaac mark both the beginning and the continuation of the line to Christ?
2. In what ways has God clarified and confirmed his promises to Abraham between chapters 12 and 21?
3. How do these verses encourage us to put theology at the center of the church? Why might some be uncomfortable with saying that the church is about theology?
4. How do vv. 1-2 teach us that God meets his people, keeps his promises, and accomplishes his purposes? In what ways are these truths foundational throughout the Bible and in the Christian life?
5. How does this passage show us that God does everything for his glory? How does he establish his praise in our lives?
References: Genesis 12:1-3, 7; 15:2, 4; 16:1-2; 17:16-21; Titus 1:1-2; Exodus 4:31; Numbers 23:19; Isaiah 14:27; 46:9-10.