FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Sodom’s Survivors — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
3 February 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How does Genesis 13 represent a defining moment in Lot’s life? How might your present choices be setting you on a trajectory to the cave?
2. What does it mean to have a Lot-like Christian life?
3. Discuss the sin of Lot’s daughters. How does it involve both cultural and familial dynamics?
4. How should this story affect the way we view and use alcohol?
5. What does this passage teach us about the impact of our sin on future generations?
6. How does this story connect to Ruth? What does her place in redemptive history communicate about God’s grace?
References: Matthew 11:23-24; Genesis 13:10-13; Leviticus 18:6-7; Ephesians 5:18; Numbers 25:1-3; Zephaniah 2:8; Ruth 4:13-22.