FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Great Escape — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
July 14, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How should we responsibly appropriate a verse like Genesis 28:15 for our own lives?
2. Why does God take twenty years to call Jacob out of his difficult situation?
How does this encourage us to wait on the Lord?
3. How does Jacob’s obedient response to God’s call mirror what we’ve seen elsewhere in Genesis?
What does this teach us about the nature of the Christian life?
4. Where do we see both grace and protection in Jacob’s exit and his confrontation with Laban?
5. What do Jacob’s words say about the role of gratitude in the life of the believer?
In what ways do we fail to give God thanks in our daily lives?
6. What does this passage communicate about idols?
7. Discuss the theme of deliverance. How does this story of Jacob’s deliverance from Laban point forward to the Exodus and the Atonement?
References: Genesis 28:15; 30:43; 15:1; 26:24; Proverbs 19:11; Romans 1:21; Joshua 24:2; Colossians 1:13.