FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Other Son — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
September 1, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Why does Moses include this genealogy in Genesis, and why does he put it in this place? What stands out most to you as you read it?
2. What picture has emerged regarding Esau’s character and mindset in the lead up to our passage? How do the first eight verses of this genealogy correspond to that picture?
3. How does the writer of Hebrews want Christians to apply the character of Esau to their lives?
4. In what ways does Esau’s genealogy demonstrate God’s faithfulness to Abraham? How does this encourage us to trust in God today?
5. Discuss the significance of the words in v. 31, “before any king reigned over the Israelites.” What does this teach us about the Christian life?
6. How does Genesis 36 anticipate Christ as both Savior and King?
References: Genesis 3:15; 22:18; 25:32-34; 26:34-35; 27:38; Hebrews 12:16; 2 Corinthians 4:18; 2 Chronicles 25:20; Genesis 12:1, 7; 25:1-18; 17:4, 6; Deuteronomy 2:12; Joshua 24:4; Acts 17:26; Numbers 24:17-19..