FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Good News of Easter — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
Stand Alone Easter Sermon
April 21, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What does it mean to embrace the gospel definitively, continually, and accurately?
2. What are some of the compelling evidences that Paul gives for the historical veracity of Christ’s Resurrection? Do you find these convincing?
3. What Old Testament prophecies of Christ’s Death and Resurrection have stood out the most to you? How have these grown your faith in Christ?
4. How does this passage show us that the gospel must be appropriated personally? Discuss the danger of merely admiring it from afar?
5. How does Paul describe God’s working in his life, and how does this put the truth and impact of the gospel on display?
6. What do Paul’s biographical reflections teach us about our own Christian lives?
References: John 8:31; 15:4; Psalm 22:16; Isaiah 53:10; Psalm 16:10; Hosea 6:2; 1 Peter 1:10-11; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 4:25; 1 Timothy 1:15-16; 1 Corinthians 15:58; Ephesians 2:10.