FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Jacob’s Wives — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
June 23, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. In what ways do we see God’s providence in the first part of the narrative? Discuss some of the specific ways you have seen his providence play out in your life.
2. How can we grow in our understanding of God’s care and governance over the details of our lives?
3. How does Jacob reap what he has sown at the hands of Laban?
4. What does it mean to say that we can’t have the directing without the disciplining?
5. Why does God discipline us? How has this narrative influenced your thoughts on this topic?
6. How would you describe the state of Jacob’s home at the end of this narrative?
7. Why is this passage important for helping us see the mystery involved in relating human responsibility and divine sovereignty?
References: Genesis 28:15; 48:15; 24:11-67; Hebrews 12:6; Genesis 31:40; Proverbs 22:8; Galatians 6:7.