FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Like Father, Like Son, Part 2 — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
May 26, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What does it look like to live as though God is actively involved in our everyday lives?
2. Discuss the extent of Isaac’s prosperity in this passage. How should Christians think about prosperity with respect to this life and the life to come?
3. What negative effect can earthly blessings have on our lives? How does God protect us from this?
4. How have you seen God remove your fears by means of his Word?
5. What does Isaac’s response both to the conflict and to the provisions teach us about the life of faith?
6. What does it mean to say that making peace is the way of the Lord? How should this effect the way we relate to others?
References: Genesis 12:2-3, 10-20; Exodus 1:7, 9; 2 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3; Romans 8:18, 32; Genesis 21:25; Isaiah 26:3; James 1:17; Genesis 21:22-34.