FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Safe and Sound — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
August 11, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. In what ways is this passage a climax?
2. What does it mean to say that God may weaken us in order to prepare us?
3. What does Esau’s attitude towards Jacob tell us about God’s workings?
4. Where do we see Jacob’s folly in this story? What does it mean to say that God folds our folly into his faithfulness?
5. Why is it necessary for Jacob to remain separate from Esau?
6. How do the final verses connect us back to Abraham, and why is this important?
References: Genesis 27:41; 32:6; 28:15; Ephesians 3:20; Genesis 32:11; 12:6.