FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Abraham’s Three Visitors, Part 1
Sermon Series: Genesis
13 January 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How do we see the outworking of the Christian life in the life of Abraham?
2. How do the appearances of God in the Old Testament prepare his people for the Incarnation?
3. Why is it significant that the Lord had a meal with Abraham? How does this enhance the way we think about Communion?
4. What do the Lord’s words concerning Sarah teach us about his nature and character?
5. In what ways have you been tempted to doubt that nothing is “too hard for the LORD”?
6. Discuss God’s grace in meeting Sarah where she is. How have you seen him do this in your life?
References: Genesis 12:7; 17:1; 19:1; John 14:9; Hebrews 13:2; Revelation 3:20; James 2:23; Genesis 11:30; 17:15-16; Psalm 9:1; Luke 1:37; Romans 8:30; John 6:39-40; Hebrews 11:11.