FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
From the Prison to the Pharaoh — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
October 13, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What makes the story of Joseph so compelling? What does it teach us about the nature of God’s providence?
2. What do we observe here about God’s timing? How does this help us in times of waiting?
3. How are Joseph and the magicians contrasted? What would this have communicated to Pharaoh and the Egyptians?
4. What positive effects of God’s testing do we see in Joseph? How does this encourage us to rejoice during trials?
5. How does this story anticipate the in-gathering of the Gentiles through Christ?
References: Psalm 105:20; 1 Peter 1:6-7; James 1:2-4; Genesis 12:3; Romans 15:12; Revelation 5:9; Ephesians 1:9-10; Colossians 1:16.