FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Famine for the Family — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
November 3, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Why would Calvin say that this chapter is the most “illustrious example of divine providence”?
2. How does this narrative show us that God can do remarkable things with our past failures and tragedies?
3. Why does Joseph treat his brothers this way? What clues are there that his actions are not revenge?
4. What is God doing in the hearts of Joseph’s brothers? What does it look like to have godly sorrow?
5. How would you characterize Jacob’s mindset at the end of this story? In what ways do we often struggle to trust that God is at work “behind the veil”?
References: Genesis 41:56-57; 45:7; Psalm 105:16-17; Genesis 37:1-11; Genesis 9:6; 2 Corinthians 7:10-11.