FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Facing Danger — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
July 21, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How do the opening verses of this passage give a hopeful impression? What does the presence of the angels communicate?
2. How have you seen God prepare you for danger?
3. How do we avoid letting fearful situations overshadow or push out God’s revelation in our minds?
4. What do the content, structure, and attitude of Jacob’s prayer teach us about how we should pray?
5. How does v. 12 show that Jacob has God’s greater redemptive purposes in mind?
6. Why does Jacob make such an extravagant offer to Esau at the end of this narrative? How do we see this propensity in our own lives?
References: Genesis 25:23; 27:36; 28:15; 31:43; 27:41; 28:12; Psalm 34:7; Hebrews 1:14; 1 Peter 5:7; Genesis 14:14