(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download button for recording to begin.)
Assessing Our Treasure -- Lonnie Bell
Sermon Series: The Sermon on the Mount
27 August 2017
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Questions
1. What are heavenly treasures, and what are some practical ways that we can pursue and gather them? (Luke 12:13-21; 1 Timothy 6:17-19)
2. How does laying up treasures in heaven flow out of faith and hope? (Hebrews 11:6).
3. What is the main contrast that Jesus makes in vv. 19-20, and what images does he use to convey this contrast? (James 5:1-3)
4. In what ways have you personally experienced earthly treasures as corruptible, perishable, and temporary?
5. Consider the following questions as you think about your own treasure: What occupies your thoughts when you have nothing else to do? What fills your daydreaming and worrying? What are you most terrified of losing?
6. How does what we treasure both come out of and shape our hearts?