(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Not Yet Ready -- Lonnie Bell
Sermon Series: Genesis
21 January 2018
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Questions.
1. How is the world described in Genesis 1:2? How does this verse contribute to our understanding of God as a potter?
2. How aware are you of God’s forming, filling, and illuminating that is evident all around us? Why should we never be bored?
3. What do God’s preparations in Genesis 1 tell us about the purpose, dignity, and value of human beings?
4. How does the latter part of v. 2, read in light of Deuteronomy 32:11, show us God’s intimate involvement with his creation?
5. What does it mean that God is both Creator and Sustainer?
6. How does the mention of the Spirit in v. 2 both challenge the self-sufficient and comfort those who feel desolate?
References: Genesis 1:31; 2:1; Jeremiah 4:23ff; Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 19:1; Romans 1:21; Deuteronomy 32:10-11; Hebrews 1:3; Genesis 2:7.