FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Covenant Confirmed and Sealed
Sermon Series: Genesis
6 January 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What is a covenant, and how is this passage a continuation of what we saw in chapter 15?
2. Why does God begin his speech to Abram by naming himself? What is the significance of this particular name?
3. Which elements of God’s promise are repeated in chapter 17 and which are new?
4. How does this passage reassure us that as Christians God will never leave us?
5. What does circumcision symbolize? What does it mean that Christians have a circumcised heart?
6. What does it mean to say that Isaac is the son of human impossibility and divine power? What does this teach us about the Christian life?
7. How do promise and awe fuel obedience?
References: Genesis 12:3; 15:1; Revelation 5:5; 19:16; Jeremiah 4:4; Deuteronomy 10:16; Colossians 2:11-13; Romans 4:11-12; Galatians 5:6; 6:15.