FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Christ Heals Us — Craig Stefan
1 Peter 2:24-25
Stand Alone Sermon
April 14, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What is the significance of Christ bearing our sin “in his body” and “on a tree”?
2. In your own words, define Justification and Sanctification. How are they related?
3. Which do you think is more challenging, dying to sin or living to righteousness? Why?
4. How is the life in this world like running on a treadmill?
5. How does Christ heal us from the cancer of sin?
6. Consider memorizing 1 Peter 2:24 as a group for Good Friday. Share with your group a verse you have memorized and how you use it in your walk. If you don’t have any scripture memorized, that’s okay. Think of an area of your walk you need help with, and have the group take it for homework this week to find a scripture that will give you guidance in that area.
7. What are 3 ways that Christ Shepherds us? Describe each and give an example of how you have been shepherded.
Scripture: Matthew 16:15-18, 1 Peter 1:1-2, 1 Peter 2:18-25; 1 Corinthians 3:15, Hebrews 7:27, Gen 22:9, Deuteronomy 21:23, Romans 6:6-8, Colossians 3:12-14, Romans 6:10-11, Romans 6:19, Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 2:10, Isaiah 53:4-5, 1 Corinthians 12:24b-26, Romans 6:22
Media Summary: “Dead Man” by The Waiting (not on YouTube); “By His Wounds” by Mac Powell; The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel; The Passion of the Christ, 2004; The Jesus Movie, 1979.