FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Next Generation, Part 2 — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
May 12, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How does the description of Jacob in v. 27 align him with Abraham and Isaac? What does the description of Esau tell us?
2. How would you characterize Isaac’s favoritism? Why is this so destructive in a family?
3. How can you fight against favoritism in your relationship with your kids?
4. What does the conversation between Jacob and Esau reveal about the character of each man? In light of v. 34, how does the author want us to contrast Jacob and Esau?
5. Discuss Esau’s sin. Why does the writer of Hebrews point to Esau to reinforce his charge not to be “sexually immoral or unholy”?
6. How are we tempted to trade the eternal for the momentary? Why is Christ the only answer?
References: Genesis 4:20; Matthew 4:4; Hebrews 11; 12:16-17.