FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Next Generation, Part 1 — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
May 5, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How do Old Testament narratives help us build our view of God? What would it look like for you to devote more time to meditating on God’s attributes?
2. How does Rebekah’s barrenness point us backwards and forwards in the story of Genesis? What does it highlight about God’s character?
3. What does it mean to say that the life of faith is one of relinquishing control and overturning pride?
4. Where do you tend to turn when problems arise in your life? How does this narrative direct us to a life of prayer?
5. How does this passage illustrate the doctrine of election? What has been your understanding of election, and how does this passage help?
6. How do the battle in the womb and the circumstances of the birth anticipate later developments in the story of Jacob and Esau?
References: Genesis 35:29; Romans 9:4-5; Genesis 8:1; Exodus 2:24; Genesis 20:17-18; Romans 9:10-13, 16; Malachi 1:2-3; Ephesians 1:4-5; Acts 13:48; Genesis 27:36.