FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Enslaved In Egypt — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
September 15, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. How does the context of this story show us the relationship between sin, the heart, and our actions?
2. How do the mysterious “man” and the mention of Dothan encourage us to trust in God when facing danger?
3. What details in the text tell us that the brothers are fighting against God?
4. Discuss the wickedness and cruelty of the brothers’ actions against Joseph. How did this backfire on them at home?
5. How does the method of deception used by the brothers remind us that we reap what we sow?
6. How does this passage end in a hopeful way? How does this encourage us as we face trials?
References: Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15; 2 Kings 6:16; Genesis 42:21; 2 Samuel 12:23; Psalm 105:16-17.