FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Feebleness & Faithfulness Revisited — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
10 February 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What does this narrative teach us about God’s attitude toward marriage?
2. How does this passage show us God’s authority, control, and power?
3. Why should God’s protection of his promises to Abraham bring us reassurance?
4. How would you describe the various facets of Abraham’s sin?
5. Why is it significant that Abraham repeats this deception after all that he has experienced between chapters 12 and 20? What does this tell us about the “old sins” in our lives?
6. How does God use Abraham’s sin to confirm some important things for him? What does this tell us about God’s ability to turn our failures for good?
References: 2 Peter 2:7-8; Genesis 12:10-20; 3:15; 1 Peter 1:4; Ephesians 1:13-14.