FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Next Recipient of the Blessing — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Genesis 26:34 - 27:46
Sermon Series: Genesis
June 2, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Discuss how Rebekah and Jacob carried out their deception. How would you characterize the sins of each, and how have you seen these same sins play out in your life?
2. In what sense did the actions of Rebekah and Jacob derive from faith?
3. What does this passage suggest about Isaac’s mindset? How have you experienced the blinding effect of your own passions and preferences?
4. How does this passage fill out our view of Esau as an earthly-minded man? What clues are there that he cares little for God’s promises to Abraham?
5. What consequences do Rebekah and Jacob have to face as a result of their deceitful act? What does this teach us about our choices?
6. How does this story remind us that there is only one Hero and there will be no “greats” in heaven?
References: Genesis 25:23, 34; Numbers 24:9; Hebrews 12:16-17; Genesis 4:19; Psalm 51.