FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
A Finale Of Faith — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
April 28, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Discuss the many ways we’ve seen God’s faithfulness demonstrated in the story of Abraham. What has stood out the most to you?
2. How do the many earthly nations that came from Abraham point to us?
3. How is Isaac contrasted with the other sons of Abraham in this passage? What does that tell us about God’s plan?
4. How has the theme of the Seed, as it has played out so far, deepened your faith in Christ?
5. How does Abraham’s burial show God’s faithfulness to the land promises? What does it say about Abraham’s faith?
6. What does it mean to say that Abraham’s inheritance is our inheritance, that his story is our story?
References: Genesis 12:4; 24:27; 17:4-6, 20; Romans 4:20-21; Revelation 7:9-10; Genesis 3:15; 21:12; 22:17-18; 35:28-29; 15:15; 23:17; 12:1, 7; 13:14-15; Luke 16:22; Matthew 22:32; 5:5; 8:11; Hebrews 11:13; Revelation 21:1-4.