FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Isaac’s Bride — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
April 7, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What are some of the benefits of studying the lives of the patriarchs?
2. How would you summarize Abraham’s wishes for his son? What are his reasons?
3. What does the success of Abraham’s servant teach us about God’s character? How does the servant draw attention to these attributes in his prayer and speech?
4. Why is this servant such a helpful illustration of how we are to serve Christ?
5. How would you describe the relationship between prayer, providence, and praise in this narrative?
6. How does this story demonstrate God’s sovereignty over human history and human hearts?
7. How is Rebekah’s character and role portrayed? How do these things move the reader forward in Genesis?
References: Genesis 12:2; Acts 7:8; Romans 4:11; 9:5; Genesis 15:15; 9:25.