FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Sarah’s Burial — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
March 31, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Why would we say that the land promise reaches a climax in chapter 23?
2. How does this passage show that there is no going back for Abraham? What does that tell us about his mindset and relationship to God?
3. What does Abraham’s response to Sarah’s death teach us about the relationship between grief and hope in the face of death?
4. What does it mean to say that the people of the land are bowing to Abraham? How does this ultimately direct our attention to Christ?
5. How does Matthew 5:5 help us understand the significance of these land promises for all believers?
References: Genesis 12:1-7; Hebrews 11:11; 1 Peter 3:5; Genesis 17:7; Mark 12:26-27; Hebrews 11:13; Genesis 21:22-23; Matthew 5:5.