FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Prosperous Patriarch — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
March 3, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What basic truths does Abimelech recognize about the God of Abraham?
2. Abimelech tells Abraham, “God is with you in all that you do.” How does this encourage us as Christians?
3. What is the significance of the treaty and the well in the larger narrative of Abraham’s life?
4. What does this story teach us about how we should relate to our neighbors?
5. Why does Abraham call on the LORD as “the Everlasting God”?
6. Why do you think Abraham plants a tree? What does it mean to say that we are planted in Christ?
References: Genesis 20:1-18; 1 Peter 1:5-9; Genesis 15:1, 15; Hebrews 11:9, 13; Romans 12:18; Titus 3:2; Genesis 17:8; John 15:4-5; Jeremiah 17:7-8.