FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
The Two Sons, Part 2 — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
24 February 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Discuss how God meets his people, keeps his promises, accomplishes his purposes, and establishes his praise in and through Jesus Christ.
2. How do we see Sarah’s sin and God’s sovereignty in this passage?
3. Where do we see God’s grace in how he relates to Abraham in particular?
4. How are faith and obedience linked together in Abraham’s response to God?
5. Why did God separate Ishmael from Isaac? What does this have to do with our salvation?
6. Discuss Paul’s use of this passage in Galatians 4. What is he trying to teach his readers?
7. What does God’s care for Ishmael teach us about his character?
References:Matthew 1:23; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 4:4; Acts 2:23; Ephesians 1:12; Genesis 16; Galatians 4:21-31.