Days 1-3: Formation Towards Production -- Lonnie Bell
Sermon Series: Genesis
04 February 2018
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Guide
1. How would you summarize God’s creative work in the first three days? Where do we see his activity of separating, dividing, and/or distinguishing, and how might this lead you to worship him?
2. What are some implications of the fact that God gives definitions and sets boundaries? What are some areas in which our culture’s definitions and boundaries differ dramatically from God’s?
3. How does the earth bring forth plant life? What does it mean to say that the inanimate cannot animate?
4. How does God’s control over the waters remind us of his judgment and grace? How does Day 3 prepare the reader for the Fall?
5. How does Genesis debunk alternative deities and origin stories, whether ancient or modern?