(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download button for recording to begin.)
Adoring Abba, Part 1 -- Lonnie Bell
Sermon Series: The Sermon on the Mount
9 July 2017
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Questions
1. How does the opening address, “Our Father in heaven,” naturally lead into the first three petitions?
2. How does beginning with God rather than our own circumstances or experiences provide a more solid foundation and greater confidence in prayer, even when we don’t “feel it”?
3. How would you briefly describe the meaning of the first petition, “hallowed be your name”? What is God’s “Name”? (Psalm 30:4; Exodus 19:14-16; Exodus 34:5-8; Matthew 1:21)
4. Discuss the seven implications noted in the sermon for the petition “hallowed be your name”: bowing, centering, knowing, spreading, reflecting, speaking, and depending? (Exodus 34:8; John 5:23; 12:28; 17:1; Habakkuk 2:14; Matthew 5:16; Ecclesiastes 5:2; Matthew 5:3)
5. In our desire to have greater praise and adoration towards God, what does it look like to be dependent without being passive?