(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download button for recording to begin.)
Asking Abba, Part 2 -- Lonnie Bell
Sermon Series: The Sermon on the Mount
30 July 2017
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Questions
1. In what ways have you struggled to view God as your “Forgiving Father”? Are you confident that God is ready and able to forgive when you ask? (Exodus 34:6-7; Psalm 32:5; Nehemiah 9:17; Ephesians 1:7)
2. What does it mean to recognize that “all sin goes straight to heaven”? (Psalm 51:4)
3. How do “debts,” “trespasses,” and “sins” capture different aspects of our wrongdoing and guilt before God? (Matthew 6:12, 14-15; Luke 11:4)
4. How does Colossians 2:13-14 vividly portray our “Past Pardon”?
5. Why do Christians, those who have already been forgiven, need to ask God continually for forgiveness? What are some of the negative effects of not doing this daily? (1 John 1:9)
6. In what ways have we already seen the relationship between God’s forgiveness of us and our forgiveness of others in the Sermon on the Mount?
7. Who do you need to forgive, and how might a lack of forgiveness be hindering your prayer life? (Matthew 5:7; Mark 11:25)