(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download button for recording to begin.)
Joseph - The Father's Gift to His Son -- Walt Sellers
Stand alone sermon
Matthew 1:18-2:23; Luke 2:1-52
18 June 2017
Deep Sheet: Sermon Study Questions -- Joseph – The Father’s Gift to His Son
1. Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9
- Are you a diligent example to your children of a person who loves and pursues God with all of your heart?
- How do you lead your children in learning to love God?
- Discuss the idea and implications of God loving and pursuing you first. How does this empower you to do the first two items?
2. Read Ephesians 6:4 and Colossians 3:21
- Discuss what it means to bring up your children in the discipline and Instruction of The Lord. - How does this relate to Deuteronomy 6?
- Name some ways that you might be provoking, angering, or discouraging your children.
- What might you do to change this?
- Where are you guilty of being a Hypocrite in front of your children? How can you change this?
3. How does Joseph’s example relate to The Sermon on the Mount?
- Discuss the idea of righteousness from the heart. Compare / contrast Joseph with the Pharisees of his time.