(NOTE: Allow 30-60 seconds after clicking the START-arrow for recording to begin.)
Christ is . . . -- Will Daane
Stand alone sermon
23 April 2017
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
Preacher’s note to GC Leaders:
Just a reminder to you that these are suggested questions. I’d encourage all of you to pick some, cut others out, and modify those existing to fit well within the dynamics of your group.
1. How does the writer of Hebrews encourage us to approach the prophets (Old Testament)?
2. How much attention do you give the Old Testament in your personal and devotional life?
3. What two activities were mentioned that Christ was actively performing at the right hand of the Father? Have you ever considered the extent of Christ’s role in creation? Discuss.
4. What does it look like for us to hope in the constant intercessory work that Christ does on our behalf? What will that look like to others?
5. Why is it important that we understand what the Bible says about angels?
a. Do we/can we become angels?
b. What do angels “long to look” into?
6. What power is there in the name of Jesus?
BONUS DISCUSSION: As mentioned in the sermon, 20 April 2007 was my “Reformation Day”, when God moved in a major way in my life to make sure that He alone was my hope. Discuss if you have similar milestones or markers in your life.