FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Like Father, Like Son — Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
May 19, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. What are the priceless treasures of friendship with God that were discussed in the sermon? How do we experience these in the Christian life?
2. Where do we see Isaac’s faith, and how does it reflect that of his father? What does this brief description teach us about the nature of faith?
3. Where do we see “generational folly” in this passage? How should this affect our parenting?
4. How would you describe the various facets of Isaac’s sin in this passage?
5. How does Isaac’s frailty point us to God’s grace in and through Christ?
References: Isaiah 41:8; 2 Chronicles 20:7; James 2:23; Galatians 3:29; John 15:14-15; Hebrews 1:2; 1 John 1:1; Matthew 28:20; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Peter 1:4; James 2:21-22; Deuteronomy 11:1; Genesis 12; 20.