Philosophy – Four Corners Church hopes to join parents in raising their children in the Gospel. Members of Four Corners Church have committed to this privilege and responsibility, hoping to see the Gospel lived out in our entire church family. Not much rivals the sight of young children worshiping their Creator. Children truly understanding who God is and how worthy He is of our worship breeds a life-long change that will root the next generation in Jesus.
On Sundays, our children study God's word in a way that they can understand, relate to, and learn. We use the Gospel Project Curriculum because it helps us teach our children the stories of the Bible in light of the big story of the Bible, which points to Jesus. This curriculum is fun, exciting, and provides plenty of opportunities for parents to discuss and learn more throughout the week.
During the week, our children remain an integral part of our church family, so they are incorporated into the life of our Gospel Communities where they get to participate alongside adults in the rhythms of Christian life. This means we are intentional with learning, praying, worshiping, serving, resting, repenting, and eating together. In addition to normal, intentional Christian life, we occasionally have events and playdates with a children's focus for both internal and external relational growth. Examples include: Vacation Bible School, movie viewings, parties, and outings. You can stay on top of all our Children's Ministry happenings by watching for announcements on The City as well as viewing the children's bulletin board at the church building.
– Home/Church Connection –
Here are several ways that the children can continue their learning at home each week:
•Practice the Bible verse with Mom and Dad.
•Talk about what we learned at our church gathering on Sunday.
•Apply what was taught. (For example, if we talked about The Lord’s Prayer, you can help your children learn the prayer and learn the meaning).
•Sing the songs that we sang at our church gathering.
•Take advantage of the Gospel Project App or visiting Gospel Project Resources.
– Description of Classrooms –
Minimum of 2 helpers
These children love to talk about themselves and their lives.
small group crafts/activities/games, interactive lesson time, worship with adults
Minimum of 1 helper
Preschoolers like to sit on laps or right next to you when listening to story time
Activities/Games/Crafts, Interactive lessons, free play, optional worship with adult
Older Babies (10 months – 24 months)
Minimum of 2 volunteers
Toddlers like to sit in your lap, be held, give hugs, etc.
Story and play
Infants (Birth – 9 months)
Minimum of 2 volunteers
Babies need to be patted, held, hugged, or rocked
Changing table is in the room (diaper protocol is followed).
All of our volunteers must undergo a background check and take a volunteer training course before serving with our Children's Ministry. All teachers of our preschool and elementary classes are also required to be members of Four Corners Church.
If you have any questions or if you would like to serve with our Children's Ministry, then please contact Joanna Thompson.
ANNOUNCEMENTS from the FCC Children’s Ministry
. Next CM volunteer training is coming up soon; contact Joanna Thompson (email@example.com or 770-861-4550) for details.
· Every 5th Sunday the elementary kids will stay with their parents in the sanctuary for the regular service. (Just a heads up, the remaining 5th Sunday’s for 2017 are July 30th and October 29th)
· Check-in begins promptly at 10:00 AM on Sunday mornings. Volunteers need to arrive by 9:30 AM.
· Catechism class: get New City Catechism books online or at the building. Check out http://newcitycatechism.com/ for videos and more information.
Parent’s Resources: Books recommended by Pastor Lonnie and Joanna:
· Jason Helopoulos, A Neglected Grace: Family Worship in the Christian Home.
· J.C. Ryle, Duties of Parents
· John MacArthur, Being a Dad Who Leads
· Tedd Tripp, Shepherding a Child’s Heart
· Andreas J. Köstenberger with David W. Jones, God, Marriage and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation
· Paul Tripp Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family
· Nancy Guthrie The One Year Praying Through the Bible for Your Kids
· Robbie F. Castleman Parenting in the Pew: Guiding Your Children into the Joy of Worship
· Deepak Reju On Guard: Preventing and Responding to Child Abuse at Church
If you have questions or are willing and able to serve in the FCC Children’s Ministry, please contact Joanna Thompson (770-861-4550)
OCT 29: Parenting Conference with Paul David Tripp
Parenting conference rebroadcast, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. At Strains' home, 52 College Street, Newnan, GA 30263. Lunch is provide with RSVP on TheCity.